I’m Kate Mackay, Health and Food Coach for busy women who want more out of life.
I love all things food, nutrition + healthy lifestyle.
After completing a degree in Public Health & Health Promotion (majoring in nutrition) and working in the health field for many years, I started thinking about how I could support busy women improve their health + wellbeing and be the best they could possibly be.
Now, I’m privileged to help a variety of passionate, driven, inspiring women get healthier for GOOD – busy mamas, professionals, business owners, entreprenuers… I LOVE what I do!
I’m a people person; I absolutely love meeting new people! I also love to write, aspiring to do so in a fresh and informative way that’s easy to understand, and is practical too.
My food philosophy is to keep things as real and unprocessed as possible, utilising fresh food, leftovers and good fats to create simple, easy meals. I hate jargon and food waste, and love to mix things up in the kitchen, finding new and unique ingredients to enhance the nutritional content of meals.
A little about me:
- I’m all about the 6 Fs: Faith, Family, Friends, Fun, Food + Freedom!
- I would describe myself as honest, real, open + creative.
- I am (mostly) an extrovert (60/40!), an optimist + I like to think outside the box.
- I’m a planner! People tell me I’m organised (I’ll go along with that!) + always have a long to do list on the go.
- I consider myself a creative thinker + a straight talker.
- I love supporting + encouraging people in their goals + dreams, however big + crazy their dreams may be!
Why I do what I do
Health and wellness has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I know how it feels to be over-tired & too busy or stressed to do things properly or to treat your body with care.
I was burning the candle at both ends for a number of years. It left me dehydrated and with poor nutrition, trying to gain energy from the wrong foods. I had absolutely no energy in these moments, and was completely irritable, moody and a pain in the butt to be around.
Over the years, I’ve done a lot of research as well as trial and error to work out what makes me feel my best and bring out the healthiest version of myself. This also lead to studying health promotion & nutrition at university and completing Levels 1 -3 in Health & Wellness Coaching.
I’ve learned that when I eat well, move my body and take care of my health and wellbeing:
- I have energy to do all the things I need to and want to do
- I have confidence to be who I am and be the best version of myself
- I feel happy, relaxed, enthusiastic about life, handle life’s challenges in a more positive way, and feel balanced and be more productive
I love helping women become healthier versions of themselves and feel their best.
When we feel our best, we are more likely to give ourselves the self-respect we deserve, and in turn create positive health and wellbeing practices. If you’d like more info on how I can help you get healthier, more energised and balanced in your health and lifestyle, check out this page!
My health qualifications & passions
I obtained a degree in Public Health and Health Promotion from Deakin University, with majors in nutrition and health promotion.
I have completed levels 1,2 and 3 with Wellness Coaching Australia (ie. I’m an accredited Wellness Coach).
I’m especially interested in food and nutrition, healthy ageing, and the relationship between food and mental health in having a healthy mind.
In my spare time I love to whip up traditional dinners (and desserts!) with a healthier, creative slant.
Want to learn more about my coaching services? Check this page out.