My name is Kate Mackay. I’m a wellness coach and health writer.
I love all things food, nutrition + healthy lifestyle.
After completing a degree in Public Health & Health Promotion (majoring in nutrition) and working in the health field for many years, I started thinking about how I could support busy men and women improve their health + wellbeing and be the best they could possibly be.
I love to write, aspiring to do so in a fresh and informative way that’s easy to understand and practical.
My food philosophy is to keep things as real and unprocessed as possible, utilising fresh food, leftovers and good fats to create simple, easy meals. I hate jargon and food waste, and love to mix things up in the kitchen, finding new and unique ingredients to enhance the nutritional content of meals.
A little about me:
- I’m all about the 6 Fs: Faith, Family, Friends, Fun, Food + Freedom!
- I would describe myself as honest, real, open + creative.
- I am (mostly) an extrovert (60/40!), an optimist + I like to think outside the box.
- I’m a planner. I always have a long to do list on the go.
- I consider myself a creative thinker + a straight talker.
Why I do what I do
Health and wellness has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I know how it feels to be over-tired & too busy or stressed to do things properly or to treat your body with care.
I’ve learned that when I eat well, move my body and take care of my health and wellbeing:
- I have energy to do all the things I need to and want to do
- I have confidence to be who I am and be the best version of myself
- I feel happy, relaxed, enthusiastic about life, handle life’s challenges in a more positive way, and feel balanced and be more productive
I love helping men and women become healthier versions of themselves and feel their best.
When we feel our best, we are more likely to give ourselves the self-respect we deserve, and in turn create positive health and wellbeing practices. If you’d like more info on how I can help you get healthier, more energised and balanced in your health and lifestyle, check out this page!
My health qualifications & passions
I obtained a degree in Public Health and Health Promotion from Deakin University, with majors in nutrition and health promotion.
I have completed levels 1,2 and 3 with Wellness Coaching Australia (I’m an accredited Wellness Coach).
I’m especially interested in food and nutrition, healthy ageing, and the relationship between food and mental health in having a healthy mind.
Want to learn more about my coaching services? Check this page out.